It's important to follow-up with your leads when you are in network marketing and direct sales. Someone may not be interested in what you have to offer immediately but at any point they could change their mind. There is a difference in professionally following up and pestering someone. One way you can follow up and stay in touch is to call potential leads every once in awhile just to see how things are going. In direct sales maybe it's a customer who hasn't bought in awhile and you call them and end up getting a new order. Emailing, text messaging, social media, and mailing (with permission) can be good ways to follow up as well. If someone has given you their contact information it is basically with the expectation that you will use it to contact them and follow up. With email, texts, and social media again there is a difference in following up and spam and it's important to know those differences. Follow-up is not always about buy buy buy or join join join. Although, if someone doesn't have your information then they may not think to contact you.
If you are new in direct sales, you may be wondering how do you start a client list. Or maybe if you've been in the industry awhile you may be wondering how to revamp your client list. Try the FROGS method.
Make a list of these people whether you think they will be interested or not. You may be surprised by how many names you can come up with. Your network changes over time, so it is a good idea to revisit the FROGS list from time to time and see what possible new clients you may have in your warm network (people you are close to and/or see often).
You can find some basic tips as well as a video replay of a scope I did on the topic of basic Periscope tips below.
Are you on Periscope for business? Then, here are some suggestions:
1) Don't be all business. Throw in some personal stuff too. This will grow your like and trust factor with potential clients.
2) Show some behind the scenes with your Periscope scopes. People love to see how it is all done.
3) Don't just sell, sell, sell. Nobody wants to watch that. Make sure you are sharing the benefits of the products or services and not just asking for sales.
Looking for the basic tips? Here they are:
1) Scope often (at least once a day)
2) Give some value in your scopes
3) Connect with others by following them, watching scopes, giving hearts, and being present on live scopes (comments). Also, be constructive and not a bully or as they are called in Periscope world a "Troll" because you will be blocked.
4) Reciprocate hearts and follows as much as possible because this will get viewers to follow you back as well as come back again and again.
5) Be consistent.
6) Join a support community for Periscopers. This will get you follows and hearts fast!