- What Products Does the Company Offer? Will you use these products yourself? Is it something you'd feel confident and comfortable selling? Find a company you enjoy the products yourself.
- What is the Company's Reputation? Is it positive? Is it an older established company or a newer ground floor company? What kind of company are you looking for (established or ground floor)? Know risks and benefits behind both choices.
- What resources does the company offer? Incentives, training, support. What are you looking for in these areas? What support does the corporate company offer?
- What are the commissions offered? What are you looking for in this area?
- Does the company offer online sales? It is a great add-on to most direct sales businesses to have online sales offered. Are you looking to add additional sales via a website and if so does the company offer a website? Also, what extra fees if any are associated with having a company website for customers to shop with you?
- Does the company offer leadership opportunities? Does the company offer a sponsorship program? Are you even interested in a sponsorship program? Are there extra commissions and incentives for leadership?
- What is the time you have to put into this sort of business? That may impact your decision. Is the business one that is easy to put into your current daily schedule?
- Do you want to be with a home party company or one that can be done without home parties? A strictly home party company will work a little different than one that you have many outlets and ways to gain new customers and recruits. What is it you are looking to do? Most of the companies do offer other ways to sell besides home parties, so don't let this one necessarily hold you back.
- Are you a part of multiple companies or just one? I have no opinion on this particular topic, just be aware of individual company policies about not competing (I.e. being a rep for two companies that sell the same types of products) and know what time you are willing to commit.
Watch my YouTube video below on the topic: